Denali Gold - Available June 1, 2006 Discontinued
(On Sale in May 2006 - $20 off regular price of $59.50 - Order Now for $39.50 and Your Denali Gold will be shipped on June 1, 2006)
A Proprietary Blend of Chinese "Immortality Herb" XainCao, and Essential Earth Minerals designed to Maintain Healthy Cholesterol, and Blood Glucose Levels while bolstering the human immune system in a variety of powerful ways.
XainCao's Latin Name: Gynostemma pentaphyllum
Common Name: Jiaogulan (jee-ow-goo-lahn),
Gynostemma is a powerful adaptogenic herb used by the Chinese for centuries as a "cure-all" herb. Gynostemma is widely used in China as an anti aging herb, or a tonic to treat bronchitis, strengthen the body, reduce fatigue, improve sexual vigor, and reinforce overall health. Gynostemma contains many amino acids, vitamins and minerals that are healthful to the human body, including selenium, magnesium, zinc, calcium, iron, potassium, manganese, phosphorus, and more. Gypenosides-The Active Ingredient Gynostemma contains 82 saponins known as gypenosides. The structure of the gypenosides is very similar to ginsenosides found in ginseng. There are 3-4 times as many saponins in Gynostemma as there are in ginseng. Some of those saponins turn into Ginsenosides when taken into the body. This greater number of gypenosides maybe why Gynostemma is more powerful than Ginseng as an adaptogen. Environmental pollution, poor nutrition, and stress can all lead to liver deficiency where the body is not able to convert food into energy, and will instead convert it to triglycerides and stored it as fat. Gynostemma may help regulate fat metabolism, maintain normal cholesterol levels and maintain a healthy blood pressure.
Benefits of Gynostemma:
- Anti-aging: Gynostemma provides antioxidant protection for cells and membranes, and may help slow the aging process. Gynostemma has been shown in several studies to increase the production of superoxide dismutase (SOD) or glutathione peroxidase, lowering levels of oxidized lipids, decreasing free radical damage and proliferation, and inhibits the effects of UV radiation damage. A 1993 study from Loma Linda University found that Saponins from Gynostemma decreased the production of free radicals in immune cells, protected biomembranes from oxidative injury, and improved the functioning of vascular cells.
- Potent Immunomodulator: Research has shown Gypenosides, isolated from Gynostemma pentaphyllum, act as potent immunomodulators and may help in maintaining healthy immune systems and in relieving stress-related symptoms. In research conducted by The University of Sydney, Gypenosides derived from Gynostemma pentaphyllum suppressed Nitric Oxide synthesis.
- Immunostimulant: Gynostemma modulates lymphocyte formation and increases lymphocyte activity. It was also found to greatly enhance the activity of NK (Natural Killer cells) in cancer patients.
- Maintain normal cholesterol and triglyceride levels: Scientific studies have shown Gynostemma's ability to lower serum cholesterol, triglycerides, and LDL (bad cholesterol), while increasing HDL (good cholesterol). More than 20 papers have been published on the subject with effectiveness reported as ranging from 67 to 93%. It also inhibits platelet aggregation, which lessens the chance of a stroke or heart attack.
- Maintain healthy blood pressure and cardiovascular health: Studies have shown that Gynostemma improves cardiovascular health by releasing nitric oxide in the body, which helps to relax the coronary blood vessels. Gynostemma also improves HDL levels which may metabolize cholesterol more effectively, thereby maintaining good cardiovascular health. 223 patients were divided into three groups. One group took Ginseng, the next took Gynostemma and the last took the blood pressure medication, Indapamide. The effectiveness was rated at 46% for Ginseng, 82% for Gynostemma and 93% for Indapamide. This herb modulates blood pressure, lowering it when it is too high and raising it when it is too low.
- Cardiac Function: Gynostemma increases cardiac function. In one study heart stroke volume increased 37% and cardiac output increased by 21% on the average. Ejection fraction increased by 13%. Subjects had normal blood pressure, which did not change although heart rate decreased by 10%.
- White Blood Cells: Gynostemma increases the production of white blood cells in white cell deficient patients such as those who have recently undergone chemotherapy or radiation treatments.
- Adaptogen: Gynostemma is a powerful adaptogen. This regulatory effect on bodily functions can help bring balance to the body under a wide range of stressful circumstances, enhance physiological functions, aiding the body to recover from illness, stress and fatigue, restore homeostasis to the body's various systems, which includes the cardiovascular, digestive, nervous, immune and reproductive systems.
- Maintain healthy digestion and regulate weight: By improving and strengthening digestion, Gynostemma may regulate weight by effectively metabolizing food into energy and blocking the conversion of sugar into stored fat. Gynostemma may also help reduce weight in overweight people by accelerating the body's metabolism, and allow an underweight person to increase absorption of nutrients and gain weight in the form of lean muscle mass.
- Diabetes: A study of 46 patients with Diabetes Mellitus showed an improvement of 89% in their condition. Another study also showed satisfactory results.
- Improve Energy and Sports Performance: The saponins in Gynostemma increase strength, endurance, and may help gain lean muscle mass.
- Radioactive Protectant: Research published in American Journal of Chinese Medicine has found that Gynostemma pentaphyllum helped preserve immune function in rats receiving gamma-ray bombardment, suggesting that the herb may help cancer patients who are undergoing radiation therapy.
- Sexual Enhancement: Gynostemma's ability to stimulate nitric oxide release, which elicits vasodilatation maybe useful in sexual enhancement.
- Maintain healthy brain function: Studies have indicated that Gynostemma has a double-direction, regulating, and adaptogenic influence on the central nervous system. It is calming when one is overexcited and stimulating when one is depressed. Gynostemma maybe useful in simple depression, anxiety and schizophrenia.
- Insomnia: 112 cases of insomnia reported a sleep improvement of 89 to 95 percent.
Note: Denali Gold is on sale now - until the end of May 2006 - for $39.50 (all orders for Denali Gold ordered in May will be shipped on June 1st). After June 1, 2006 the price of Denail Gold will be $59.50.
Note: The FDA has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. As a supplement it may assist in a health maintenance program. Not everyone will experience the same results. Results may vary. Consult your physician before using Denali Gold.
To go to the next section click on the link below:
Denali Health Sciences